Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The Day You Were Born...Part 1

Dear Leo and Liam,

How mommy and daddy's world has changed since the last time I posted! You have now been a part of our family for 9 days and we are loving every minute of getting to know you both! Before I forget the details of your BIRTHday, I want to take the time to tell you about it...

April 1, 2012...5:30am...Mommy woke up and was feeling very strange. I couldn't describe how I was feeling other than "weird". I had a strange ache in my chest and top of my shoulder. I did not go to church that day with daddy and Eli. It was Palm Sunday and I was so sad I missed Eli walking down the aisle waving a palm branch but I just did not feel well. Later that morning I started throwing up and really wondered if "today is THE day". As long as I was laying down I felt OK but as soon as I would get up I felt weird. Your Pop told me to go to Walmart and get my blood pressure checked...I did and it was high- around 155/90. Too high. So daddy and I prepared to go to the hospital ER.




We had to wait for Gran and Grandad to get to the house to keep Eli as he napped and then it was off to the hospital for us! I think I was still in denial that anything would happen...we even had chicken out and ready to grill for dinner that night! Oma kept texting momma and asking if her and Pop should head up to Rogers and I kept telling them that the doctors didn't seem worried. But around 6:00, they told me that we would have to do an emergency c-section because my liver enzyme levels were too high- a sign of preeclampsia. I was pretty upset because I thought we were going home and we would still be induced on Tuesday morning. Dr. Hix was on call and when he got there he discussed (despite my desperate pleading) that a c-section was the safest route. If I tried to labor, I could get worse or you all could be negatively affected. So I sucked it up and agreed to the c-section.

They immediately prepped me and got me ready. I was upset because Eli, Gran and Grandad, and Oma and Pop were not there yet, but Eli arrived just as they were wheeling me to the operating room. I was able to say good-bye to him and let him know that he was about to meet his brothers. He looked confused but he was such a trooper! I arrived in the OR at 7:45 and received my epidural...WEIRDEST feeling in the whole world to have over half of my body that numb. Luckily I didn't freak out (momma is claustrophobic and I was worried about feeling stuck)and Daddy finally arrived which helped make me feel better. He said a quick prayer and within no time, Leo, you were born at 8:03! I couldn't see you but I could hear you cry soon after. And by 8:04, Liam, you were born! Double the joy when I heard your sweet cry! I couldn't see either of you because the nurses were making sure everything was okay with each of you but right before they took you to the nursery I got to see your sweet faces. Leo, you were first and all I remember is your sweet, unbelievably small profile. You were one of the sweetest sights I have ever seen! Shortly after I was able to see you Liam...and immediately I thought you looked just like your big brother Eli. It brought back a lot of memories!




















It's taken me almost 2 weeks just to get this typed out but I have to go and tend to you both!As I type, Daddy has Liam, Gran is rocking a fussy Leo and I just tried to put Eli to bed for the fourth time tonight! So Part 2 will come at some point... right now, being with all three of my boys is most important!

Love all 3 of you! Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment